Monday, November 22, 2010

Hyperconnectivity

Do you think we're hyperconnected????  Think about how many ways we are all connected.....most of us have each other on IM, text, home phone, cell phone, facebook, twitter, blogs, bbm, email, gaming devices, and maybe even face time too!  That's INSANE!!!!!  And most of these things are on our cell phones.....do we really need to be all up in each others faces like that??? I don't like having everyone on everything...it's too much!  I need some space sometimes.  Remember back in the day when you had to wait to see the person, in person....or just call them and hope they were home (if you were lucky they had an answering machine where you could leave a message in one try....no reviewing and editing your messages then!)

Then we had pagers (with no cell phones lol) so we had to stop at a pay phone to check the voice message or return a call.  Then we moved to those HUGE Zach Morris cell phones LOL!  Oh how much times have changed!  Now we have these smart phones that do everything but change light bulbs...I'm sure someone somewhere is working on it though.   We have all our tweets, messages, bbms, Facebook wall posts, emails, texts and more from these little devices that fit nicely in our pockets.

To quote the late great MJ "I always feel like somebody's watching me...and I've got no privacy." (and he sang that hook in 1984....maybe he was smarter than we gave him credit for.)

Somehow I like having some personal space.  Call me old school but it is what it is! lol!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog, my first best friend!! I loved this one, thanks for this! I totally agree with you on this one, you go girl!! :-D

    ReplyDelete