Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Yellow - My Soul Was Open

As I mentioned in the previous post, I'm trying to write a poem inspired by or based on each of the 8 colors (main characters) in Tyler Perry's For Colored Girls.

.....Open your soul. Welcome to Yellow.....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My soul was open on that cool Thursday morning
There you were smiling, laughing joking
My soul wasn’t ready to let you in
But somehow you convinced me with that wicked grin
Softly, and sweetly you coerced me to sway
I had no time for romance I did not want to play

My soul was open on that warm Friday night
As we salsa’d and sipped on wine
I looked at you with adoring eyes, I loved your killer smile.

Pretty lilies soon adorned my door, my desk and my car
You regaled me stories of laughter and fun
And slowly I let you slither in
And bit by bit you came on in

You listened with intent as I spoke of my passions and I slowly bared my soul
Undressing it slowly as you watched the tease.
That must have sparked your interest
Cause you leaned in close

Your cologne invaded my senses
Taking me to heights of euphoria
Damn you smell good
Your scent, so familiar so warm

I lean in and lose myself in your aura
As you place your arm gingerly around my shoulders
 I feel a shiver creep from the nap of my neck to the small of my back
You’re a man, a real man, of real substance, of real taste
The real strong pulse of a man’s embrace
  
My soul was open on a Saturday night
As I let you in my domicile
I toiled and rhythmically swayed around my stove
Preparing a meal for a king
After all the man who managed to open my soul was about to feast

Feast on his prey as he took my soul in 5 minutes of hell
I fought and kicked and screamed from my core
My soul broke as I fell to the floor
Thrust after thrust he killed my soul
In 5 minutes of hell I mourned what he stole

In 5 minutes of absolute hell I broke more than before
My insides torn and bruised, as my soul begged, ‘no more’

My soul was numb on a Saturday night
As I stared at the open door
I could not feel the tears that tumbled
Nor the winds that blustered past my face

I don’t know how to move, nor the purpose of my tongue
When it cried so intently on deaf ears

As I lay there an empty shell of a woman
Nothing short of utter disgrace
I cannot dress, how can I face
The one who opened up my space

My soul left me on that cold Saturday night....never to be seen again

I do not own any rights to this photo.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

as always .....comment.....discuss.....let's start a dialog.....peace n blessings.....

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea. I've never read anything you've written. It is a treat. Your words are strong, and invoking. I'm loving what I see!! Keep going girl!!

    Miranda*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Miranda...I will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you do what you do? This is slamming Z! i am dedinitely impressed with this one. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could give you a formula...lol....I just write....from the heart....glad you enjoyed it :) Keep checking back....I'm working on some more things.....

    ReplyDelete